2018 - 2019 School Year
Welcome to Fourth Grade
SCHOOL WIDE THEME: The Beloved- Names, Essence, Way of Being
In fourth grade, students are focusing on understanding their place in the world, and their impact on their surroundings. Through a learning and respect for the names of that which exists in our universe, students will come to understand the important diversity of Allah’s creations and systems. Through that learning, students will expand their understanding to the essence of these creations and the qualities for which they are known. They will recognize that our quality of being is based on intentionality and purpose. All of Allah’s creations have a pattern of existence, and through our daily actions we display tolerance, respect and connectivity to the systems of which we are a part.
Prayer Objective testing begins February 1st!! Students should be practicing at home in order to pass and earn the privilege to attend prayer daily in the Musjid!
YAC Books are on the way!!!! Please bring in $5 to pay for your book so you can begin writing in it when your story is ready!!
- UPCOMING DAYS OFF AND IMPORTANT EVENTS
- Literacy Week March 25-March 29
- Literacy Night Tuesday 3/26 6:30-8pm
- Spring Break - NO SCHOOL 4/1-4/5 School resumes on Mon. 4/8
- Specials Schedule
- This webpage will be used for ALL fourth grade classes: Sr. Abeera (4A) & Sr. Emily (4B)
- If an assignment applies to only one of the classes, it will be noted.
- School begins at 8:00 am. Tardy is at 8:00 am. Please work hard to be on time so you can start the day with your class! Arriving at 7:45 am will give students time to fully unpack, begin bell work, and prepare for a successful day.
- **HEALTHY SNACKS PERMITTED ONLY: Fruits, veggies, cheese sticks, crackers, cereal/granola bars, Yogurt. NO CHIPS, CHEETOS, COOKIES, BROWNIES, etc. You need healthy foods to help you learn the best!!!
- **Sr. Abeera's classroom is Nut and Sesame seed free classroom so please make sure students do not bring food with peanuts, tree nuts and sesame seed.
- **Students have a limited amount of time to eat lunch, a lot of time is spent waiting in the line for the microwave line, please bring food that doesn't need to be warmed if possible!
Top 5 Reasons to Order a Yearbook This Year .......
5. Yearbooks are considered collectibles since only a certain amount are printed.
4. It will make you smile and laugh to look back on this year when you are 30 years old.
3. The autograph section lets you share special messages with your friends.
2. Because our school is the greatest and you want to keep those wonderful memories.
1. So you won't miss out on all the fun and excitement when the yearbooks arrive in May!
Paper order forms were sent home this week. If you prefer, you may order online at http://ybpay.lifetouch.com/ and entering the Yearbook ID code 10209019. Orders due March 1, 2019.