2018 - 2019 School Year
Welcome to Fourth Grade
SCHOOL WIDE THEME: The Beloved- Names, Essence, Way of Being
In fourth grade, students are focusing on understanding their place in the world, and their impact on their surroundings. Through a learning and respect for the names of that which exists in our universe, students will come to understand the important diversity of Allah’s creations and systems. Through that learning, students will expand their understanding to the essence of these creations and the qualities for which they are known. They will recognize that our quality of being is based on intentionality and purpose. All of Allah’s creations have a pattern of existence, and through our daily actions we display tolerance, respect and connectivity to the systems of which we are a part.
**Please check the WEEKLY NEWS tab for an updated newsletter!**
ACT Testing Information 2018
Salaam 4th grade families,
On Tuesday, November, 13, we will begin our ACT testing. This is a summative test. Students are tested once in elementary school and again in 8th grade. Our testing sessions will begin at 8:30. These tests are timed. If your student arrives after the test has begun they will be required to take the test on a make-up day. It is very important that students are well rested and eat a good breakfast before the test. Please discuss with your student the importance of trying their best and showing what they know!
Tuesday 11/13 – No test, time spent filling in ALL personal info on the 5 answer booklets
Wednesday 11/14 – English
Thursday 11/15 – Math
Friday 11/16 – Reading
Monday 11/19 – Science
Tuesday 11/20 – Writing
Tuesday/Wednesday 11/27-28 - Make-ups
ACT PRACTICE Questions: We will be working through the practice problems for the 5 tests in class over the next month, but it is helpful for students to practice at home!
- UPCOMING DAYS OFF AND IMPORTANT EVENTS
- 11/13-11/20 ACT TESTING
- 1/2 day Weds., 11/21 Dismissal 11:30am
- NO SCHOOL Fall Break 11/22-11/23
- Parent-Teacher Conferences 11/30 NO SCHOOL for students
- Specials Schedule
- This webpage will be used for ALL fourth grade classes: Sr. Abeera (4A) & Sr. Emily (4B)
- If an assignment applies to only one of the classes, it will be noted.
- School begins at 8:00 am. Tardy is at 8:00 am. Please work hard to be on time so you can start the day with your class! Arriving at 7:45 am will give students time to fully unpack, begin bell work, and prepare for a successful day.
- Hot lunch has returned!!! More details to come on when students can begin buying a lunch. Until further notice students need to bring a healthy lunch and snack daily.
- **HEALTHY SNACKS PERMITTED ONLY: Fruits, veggies, cheese sticks, crackers, cereal/granola bars, Yogurt. NO CHIPS, CHEETOS, COOKIES, BROWNIES, etc. You need healthy foods to help you learn the best!!!
- **Sr. Abeera's classroom is Nut and Sesame seed free classroom so please make sure students do not bring food with peanuts, tree nuts and sesame seed.
- **Students have a limited amount of time to eat lunch, a lot of time is spent waiting in the line for the microwave line, please bring food that doesn't need to be warmed if possible!